The Swift River Valley Historical Society
40 Elm Street
New Salem, MA 01355
The Swift River Valley Historical Society (SRVHS) was formed in 1936 to serve as the historical societies for the four towns of Dana, Enfield, Greenwich and Prescott that were taken for construction of the Quabbin Reservoir. Although the towns officially went out of existence on April 28, 1938, the memories of the towns are kept alive through the many historical items housed at the SRVHS Museum. The Museum complex consists of three buildings housing the collections of SRVHS: the Whitaker-Clary House, the Prescott Church Museum and the Carriage House. A visit to the Museum is a must for anyone interested in the history of the Quabbin valley.